Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Have you ever blanched before? I did today, for the first time. And I so don't recommend it.

Have you ever put your foot in your mouth? I did today, not for the first time. Once again, don't recommend it.

I was even thinking earlier this week about stupid things I've said or done in my life that I totally regret now. Isn't that the worst feeling?

I concluded life really is about living and learning, sometimes painfully. And I have a lot of the later to do, but at least I know it.

Seriously - weird experience blanching. I mean I read about it in books all the time, "So and so blanched when she saw the look of fear in her son's eyes" etc. etc. I looked it up {because when Google is your best friend, you do that with everything} and here is the very interesting definition:

a temporary whitening of the skin due to transient ischemia

and what is that last part? transient ischemia means "a mini-stroke"!

Whaaat? So apparently I had a mini stroke this morning. I probably deserved it.

Sigh........

1 comment:

Emily Kathleen said...

You are so adorable Kirsten. I am seeing the HP on Saturday as well - the 1:50 @ Gateway. If you are going to be there I am going to find you! I have blanched many times - without even realizing it. And I get the whole painful lesson routine. I have been doing it for years now. You are amazing and I miss you.