Sunday, September 19, 2010

phase 5: SVU, goats, beautiful 'little mountain'

Southern Virginia University, a quaint little uni. Look at those porches! Seth made us stop here to reminisce his old college days...

A stop at Virginia's Natural Bridge...


...where I got attacked by that black and white goat. She was eating every leaf in site and cantered over to me, licked my arm and started in on my sleeve. I {kinda} screamed, she reared back and put her head down ready to attack, then decided I was waay to intimidating ;) and jumped off the rock fence, bringing a big chunk of it down. Random, kinda frightening and totally funny.

Monticello: meaning 'little mountain' in Italian.

It was one of my favorite places. Gorgeous. I now want to read a biography on Thomas Jefferson; what a conflicted, interesting, brilliant man. He really made me want to garden, more than I already do! Someday...





No comments: