Monday, October 25, 2010

Things I forgot, never knew, or wish someone had just told me.

I forgot how good Thriller is. Have you been to see it at the U? Awesome. Thank you to my friend Jenny for hooking us up with tickets. And guess who was there with a stellar performance as a Ghostbuster? Gev from So You Think You Can Dance. And I think he can. After much pushing and pulling on my part, Dave finally consented to go and he loved it. He even wants to go next year.

I forgot how good looking Marlon Brando is. Does anyone remember who he is? He's an oldy but goody actor (think A Street Car Named Desire, On the Waterfront, and Guys and Dolls). What a babe. And On the Waterfront is a good classic btw. Dave also liked that, probably not as much as me however ;)

I forgot how high Oliver's voice is in Oliver! But I also forgot that I love that movie. Love the music. The whole thing makes me want to cry though, I especially hate the battered woman storyline... but the rest of the story is beautiful.

I never knew and wished someone had told me just how easy/delicious/and wonderful tin foil dinners are! I never knew you could make them on a grill either. Dave and I have been on a tin foil dinner kick and loving it. Sooo easy. I had a random craving for it the other night and have been making them the last four nights, yes, FOUR nights. They're perfectly pipping hot for these chilly fall nights. Here's what we found worked great:

Tin Foil Dinners with the Smith's

ground beef or sausage, seasoned with steak seasoning I got from Costco
baby carrots
scalloped potatoes
green peppers, diced
white onions, diced
and here's the best part, a dollop of cream of chicken soup on each serving

Wrap them all up like a burrito in two layers of tin foil, leaving it a little loose so that it can steam. Cook on a preheated grill at about 425 degrees for 20 minutes. Then turn over and cook for another 20 minutes. Easy peasy! You can shred some sharp cheddar on top and it's delicious. Enjoy.

Oh I wish someone had told me this years ago. Did you know you can preserve cheap rings so that they don't turn your finger green or turn a copper color? I went to return a ring that started turning my finger green right away and the girl asked me if I'd ever tried putting clear nail polish on it. Say what??? Why has no one told me this before?? I rarely buy expensive jewelry but I do love the costume stuff. I'm always sad when it turns coppery and I can't wear it anymore. Now you all know, I wear the cheap stuff, but now I'll get to wear it longer. And now you all can too.

I never knew how interesting Interview With the Vampire is. Thought I would read it just in time for the Halloween holiday. It wasn't amazing but it was very entertaining and an easy read. My friend has the movie edited so I think I might watch that before Saturday.

Speaking of Halloween... I never knew how much renting a costume could be! My word. We always go to our friend's, the Wahlstrom's, Halloween party and you HAVE to have a costume. They go all out and it's awesome. This year we decided to try renting costumes vs. creating a dumb costume at the last minute. And I think our costumes are going to be fantastic. At least I hope... we shall see come Saturday. Did you know that buying costumes costs about the same as renting? Yes, they do. So we think we'll just buy them on sale after Halloween is over and then we'll have a slew to choose from later, and maybe save a few bucks along the way.

Happy Halloween everyone!

2 comments:

TyandMar said...

Thriller never disappoints. It's always fun. Glad you got Dave to go. It's entertaining for everyone.
I'm also a little jealous you've got your costume together. Ty and I are still trying to figure ours out. We'll see.

Amy said...

You guys are cool. Period. Always. I can't wait to see the costumes!