Thursday, April 29, 2010

in regards to the spring pasta

So the day after I made that delicious pasta (below) I had left over mozzarella and a green pepper so what did I do? I made some more! But all the past I had left was whole wheat (which Dave would almost rather cut off his own foot than eat, but I used it anyway ;) and to pacify my sweet husband I added bits of bacon. And guess what? He loved it! He actually wanted to make it the night after but I'd had quite enough. So lesson learned; to get Dave to eat something, throw in a little bacon.

...Speaking of bacon, have you ever baked it before? Oh. My. Gosh. Soooo much easier than even microwaving it, and I used to be a die-hard microwave-r of bacon (can I say that? just did I guess). You just line a pan, the ones with edges like a pumpkin roll pan, with tin foil, turn up the oven to 400 degrees and cook for 15-17 minutes. Once done, take the bacon off and place on paper towels, then use paper towels to soak up the extra grease on the pan, ball up the tin foil and voila! No mess! No having to decide where to put the extra, hot, smelly bacon grease. Amazing. It's like a whole new world! A bacon world that is.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I gotta say, anytime you can make whole wheat pasta taste good to a "white only" kinda of a person GO YOU!!! :)