Tuesday, July 27, 2010

In the absence of my TV, I guess I'll write a post...

Um I guess I should post something. It's been awhile huh? I just have nothing to tell all two of you that read this! We've been pretty lame all through the end of July. And pretty toasted. Geesh it's been so hot. Well here's a few things to give you insight into our ever-fascinating lives ;)

Our DVR is acting RETARDED! We didn't even get to watch the entire 'Men Tell All - Bachelorrete' because our DVR decided to 1) not fast-forward fast enough and 2) not stop fast-forwarding! After that it was all downhill because now I can't even change the channel or watch any of my other recorded stuff. It's stuck on some show on Starz about a serial killer. Those shows are a no-can-do for wuss-Kirsten. I can't handle 'em.

Oh we did go to Cedar City this weekend with quite a bit of my family. Went to the Shakespeare Festival over the 24th which has kinda become a tradition. (BTW, if you go down the Cedar over the 24th, just know their parade is super lame ;) But make sure to go to the little carnival they have on Main Street because the food there is awesome.) I did not take ONE picture down in Cedar, notta-one. I think I'm just getting lazy. I think all this heat is just making me lazy. Yup.

We saw two awesome plays there, Much Ado About Nothing (and if you haven't seen the Kenneth Branaugh and Emma Thompson version then you need to get yourself to Blockbuster and watch it - or you can borrow it from me), and the stage version of Pride and Prejudice; which surprisingly was hilarious, well-performed, and moved at a great pace. Nice job Shakespeare Festival 2010! We'll be back next year.

Let's see.... just finished Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol in my preparation for going to D.C. at the end of next month - meh. I kind of had hard time with that book honestly. I thought some parts were good, others unbelievable and over all it was just too much info that he tried to tie in to make it believable. His whole point of the book though - that wisdom from a Higher Power throughout all the ages points to this enlightened idea of letting us mortals know that we do indeed have the potential to become like God, to in fact become Gods ourselves...um did he even study the Mormon religion? That's kind of what what our whole religion is about. Of course that's our mission in life - doesn't that just make sense? That's why we are here; for a higher purpose and the hope that we can constantly continue to progress. Maybe that's why I had a hard time with it, because I kept thinking "duh." It's interesting to note that although he points out that many religions insinuate we can become like God and the power is within us, the Mormon religion is always singled out as radical for that exact belief....

Wow. Sorry for that long tangent. Apparently I did have a lot to say after all :) I'll sign off now and get off my soapbox!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Hulu!!!! Check Hulu for the men tell all. It's there. Just sayin'.

Sounds like Shakespeare was fantastic, glad you got to go!

Gretchen said...

what? television is taking over our lives? naw...
I'm a little worried for our future because I've kind of come to the realization that we have too many shows that have started or are about to start and I think we might turn into the George's and watch T.V. all the time

Now that your DVR is broken atleast you don't have to worry about this, but after reading this post it seems like you might have gotten to that point already! :)

dave + kirst said...

Haha! So true Gretchen! DVR has ruined my life! Maybe this a blessing in disguise (an intervention was in order...).

ariel said...

meh. you weren't missing much on the men tell all anyway. it was kind of boring.

i was hoping you would LOVE the lost symbol and make me want to read it, but i probably won't now :)

Chris and Tara said...

So sad about the DVR. But I think you're right that it could turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

Glad you had fun in Cedar City. See you in a bit.