Tuesday, February 23, 2010

me and my pondering ways

While hanging out in the Denver, CO airport (for 5 hours.... yup) I got to thinking about a few things that I absolutely loved about Mexico, and since I'm a foodie (definition: someone who adores good food), I have to say that the food rankes up there with the biggest highlight of my trip. And I can sum it up in three beautiful words.

Pico. De. Gallo.

+ Guacamole

Ok so that makes four words. Remember that recipe that I posted for New Year's Guac? Nothin' compared to the goods they have here. I was blown away. So I was thinking that since I've never made pico de gallo and I'm a huge, huge, fan, I thought I might ask my loving friends if they have any spactacular recipes they would care to share with little 'ol me? Pretty please?

My requirements:

lots of lime.
lots of cilantro.
not spicy.

Any takers?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yum yum yum! yes PLEASE! i hope you had wonderful trip sista!

ariel said...

what!? you've never made it before. it's pretty dang easy. here's my recipe:

6-8 roma tomatoes, chopped
2 green peppers, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped {red onions are my personal favorite}
2-3 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped {dried cilantro is just not the same}
juice from 1 lime
a couple shakes of chile powder {however much you like, depending on how hot you like it}
a pinch or 2 of salt {i don't like to over-salt it because tortilla chips have plenty of salt on them}
a pinch or 2 of sugar