Wednesday, August 5, 2009

opening up, maybe more than you want

I don't really like to do confessions on my blog (and never have attempted it before because then everyone knows my embarrassing failings!) however; I think there can be strength in numbers so I'm hoping I'm not alone. Whew. So hear goes, my first confession:

1 - I am a serial gatherer of recipes. Yup. Meaning that I habitually print or ask for copies of recipes that look good, most tending to be desserts because of my ever-present sweet tooth, and then I rarely make the aforementioned recipe. Exhibit A - printed this off today, how could I resist that deliciousness? When, and more importantly if, I decide to make them it will be minus the chocolate liqueur (don't fret Mormon friends!) My poor husband seldom gets to taste the fruits of my labor, sigh. Poor. Hungry. Husband. The sad thing is I actually do love to cook but it just doesn't seem to happen very often...

P.S. Please don't stop giving me recipes when I ask for them thinking 'what's the use?' I do file them away and I have high hopes that they'll be put to good use in the future, even if my spouse has thoughts to the contrary.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Kirst, don't sell yourself short, you do some excellent cooking and baking! Maybe I see it more than Dave because I just come to cooking-worthy events when you make gelato and other deliciousness, and Dave has to dream about it daily ;)

TyandMar said...

You make gelato?! Since when?! And, more importantly, how come you haven't invited us?! Hello!! Ice cream is my best friend!

Caprene said...

I say use the liqueur - the alcohol bakes out, but the flavor stays.

dave + kirst said...

Hmmm maybe I'll have to try it out then. Caprene we can test it out on you ;)

Stephenson and Katie said...

Kirsten you make me laugh so hard! I love reading your blog. I was totally the same way until I stopped working full time. now I actually do cook once in awhile! But who honestly wants to work all day and then come home and cook all night?!

Chris and Tara said...

Way to confess.

Now, is there something else you need to confess? Involving my house? And breakfast? Hmmmm?

Sue said...

I'm totally the same way! When I do cook it is usually desserts. In fact, I still want to make your yummy mint brownies but have yet to do it. :)