Sunday, March 28, 2010

Have you seen this movie? It was pretty good. I saw it probably two springs ago with my friend Hayley for a Saturday matinee. There were probably 15-20 people in the movie theatre, all of them old, minus Hayley and I. And I think it was so enjoyable to watch because we kept getting lines repeated to us by the old people. It went something like this:

"What did she say Flo?" {in a super loud old-person whisper that everyone under the age of 50 can hear}

And then the line was repeated in another super loud old-person whisper. You had to giggle every time it happened. And for us it was like seeing the movie twice - two shows for the price of one!

This show just makes me think of spring - probably because it's about Beatrix Potter, writer of the Peter Rabbit stories. This movie also totally makes me want to visit The Lake District in England - look how beautiful! It looks like Ireland or something - lush, green and wild. Someday...

{sad, sad love story though fyi - beautiful but sad}

3 comments:

Amy said...

What lovely pictures! I definitely want to see it now.

Also, you should know that your husband committed you to playing games with us sometime. So even if you don't want to, you have to. :) I'd apologize but I'm not sorry, I'm excited.

Unknown said...

Haha! I forgot about all the old people chatter! That was great. We definitely need to get to the Lake district. We need to do a trip that is Scotland, Ireland and Northern England.

dave + kirst said...

Amy we're so in! Just name the day and time :D And I'm excited as well my friend.